Name:
Location: India

As I tread the lonely road, I do hope.. I breathe the thought and wish my breath doesn't falter.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My “God!”

“Mum!” the first word a child learns to speak…The first word I uttered was “Papa!” my mum complains…She might be exaggerating to an extent! But she is true…I share an unfathomable connection with my dad…







”Strong”, “an epitome of love and care”, “wisdom personified”, “intelligence exemplified” are the few words I describe my dad with…As I make an attempt to scribble on this blog, I am falling short of words to pour out my feelings and expressions…

He is my “God”, my "strength", my “Angel” who has come to my rescue whenever I needed..

My “faith”, my reason for “belief”, in “myself”, my “aspirations” and my “dreams”… Ever since I can recall, he has been like a pillar for me…extending support everytime I was about to fall, reinforcing me within…

As a kid, I still remember him wake me up in the morning, dress me up for school, tie my shoe laces, remind me hundred times to not forget my “Tiffin box” while he hung the tiny “water bottle” around my neck…I remember him waving goodbye as I get into the school bus….eyes speaking of “assurance” and “confidence” in his little daughter…

He lives for us, smiles for us and works for us….

He has held my hand all my life...he has been with me in my sporadic bouts of happiness and despair…He has made me comfortable when life catapulted me into turmoil…

He has been my mentor who taught me some important lessons of life as I stepped into this “big, bad” world…”You still have a lot to learn beta”, he says…

My dad gave me the much needed pat on my back when I accomplished something…He gave ”Conciliation to my angst, a comforting smile, a hug when I was worried and an outlet to my tears” ……He pulled me out of my worst times and cleared the mess I made…

I owe him countless lifetimes for things he has done for me…for the sleepless nights I gave him…for molding the kid in me …for feeling my pain…for listening me blabber and never complain…for all the selfless love he showered…for being with me through thick and thin…for his innumerable prayers…for his infinite blessings…

God! Forgive me for all the hurt I caused him…

If I were to born again, make me his child…I wish to live one more life with him!

1 Comments:

Blogger Krishanu said...

Hey Smru !!!

Ur dad wud be one proud man !! its one thing to be emotional ...but to be able to pen down the same in such a lucid manner is refreshing !!!

Looking forward to more of those from u !!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Feed